Christian Education for Senior Adults
The Fellowship Club meets the third Wednesday of each month at noon for a covered dish luncheon, Christian learning and fellowship.
United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women (UMW) meet periodically on Sundays after the 11:00 service. Announcements are in the bulletins.
The prayer group meets weekly to lift up concerns that have been noted on Sunday during the worship services.
Outreach and Community Service
We are involved in many local missions including:
- Annandale Community for Christian Action (ACCA) – area churches provide transportation, day care, furniture deliveries, food pantry, hypothermia shelter, emergency financial assistance, transportation, and Meals on Wheels. Read the ACCA newsletter online.
- Homeless shelter, Mental Health, Juvenile Detention Center, CROP Walk, the Hermitage, Wesley Housing, and Rising Hope Church.
- Stop Hunger Now – an organization that provides meals to those in need.
- Gleaning – gathering crops left in the fields by commercial harvesters so they can be used to feed the hungry.
- Art for Humanity – helps the poor in Honduras to help themselves through donations and education.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief – not-for-profit global humanitarian aid organization of the United Methodist Church. UMCOR is working in more than 80 countries worldwide, including the United States.